The Madrid branch of Conservatives Abroad was officially founded on the 6th June 2009 at the Westin Palace Hotel, by a steering commitee comprised of Benjamin Harris-Quinney, Leandro Busto-Pilbeam & Paul Gordon, with honorary patrongage taken by the Rt. Hon. Michael Portillo.
The branch aims to provide representation and social networking for the 1 million expatraite Britons in Spain.
Our founding goals are to;
- To enable expatriate Britons to vote in the UK’s local, European and general elections.
- To stand for the rights of expatriate Britons in Spain.
- To create a social network for Conservative expatriates in Spain.
- To foster stronger links with other Conservative political bodies in Spain.
- To provide members access to leading political thought and leading Conservative polticians.
I welcome all Conservatives Abroad & friends to join our branch and attend our social functions. Together we can bring closer the British community in Spain, strengthen the rights of expatriates, and return the Conservative Party to Government in the United Kingdom.
Founder, Conservatives Abroad – Madrid.